Monday, August 29, 2011

DIY Headboard

I have been sans headboard since 2001.  I thought maybe I'd use a painting or make something, but I never got around to it.  That is, til Nana pushed my idea!

I wanted a canvas with meaningful writing.  But I couldn't afford a giant canvas!  We used painter's canvas.  At least a quarter of the price at Walmart!  Cut it to the desired size, Nana sewed a slip for a piece of wood, and I painted my desired text.  

PS, that was over a month ago!  Today I finally trimmed the wood, drilled small holes for the nails, nailed up one side, and using a level, finally tacked in the last nail.  

Tonight will be our first night with a headboard!  Next task, make the rest of the room not-so-institutional!!!

I know it looks crooked, but it's the camera girl, not the wall or the headboard!!!

No comments: