Monday, December 16, 2013

Lovin' it! All!

I'm branching out in my shopping!  I can recognize a lot more and I'm brave enough to put those things in my basket now!!  



I finally made it to the 9's market... Lots of great produce (great prices, too!)...



I love these ornamental cabbages... I bought one today to put it in a vase on my counter!



The Japanese love Santa!!  Apparently he's tasty, too...



I finally caught a picture of this satellite dish... It's on the street right out the gate.... If I wasn't looking for the little fun stuff I might not have seen it., but now I can't help but look for Mickey every time I drive past it!!



Nicole was having dessert... Uncle Connie style!



She was also fitted for a snowboard and boots!  We're ready to eat lots of snow this winter!!



Oops, driving and taking pics!!



My neighbor and I drove to shipwreck beach. It was beautiful!!!  We were looking for floats.... 



Found this fish instead ;)



Kind of a trade off... 

On the way home I went on a shopping spree at Lawson's!  I found these Mickey ear muffs and thought it might help me blend in here in Japan!!



I want a rubber duck!!



These 'cases' (can't call 'em refrigerators!) have hot AND cold drinks!!







Tink ate a bunch of Hershey kisses... Shame on her!!  This is her acting ashamed.... She acted drunk, she was leaning against the door and she wouldn't move!!!  Too much chocolate!?  Naughty puppy!!!



Our pots came.... Or whatever they are!




Please, come to misawa!  And I'll take you to the place that serves this amazing bread and the most delicious cappuccinos you have ever had!!!  But if you don't come, that's okay, too... More for me!!



Tink is making that ashamed face again!  But she didn't do anything.  I'm just convinced she's always a guilty puppy with an old man's beard and eyebrows!!



We have a masquerade coming up next week!!!  



Mall sightings:






Complimentary green tea at the mall!



Delicious ramen!  I'm not sure what kind, but apparently that pink and white thing on top is fish of some sort...



We were serenaded by Christmas carolers!  



And then had salted caramel crepes for dessert!!



This isn't even anywhere near a lot of snow, but the dave-guy HAD to get out the snow blower!!!!



I 'graffitied' some cars while he was busy  cleaning up the snow!! 



A new yummy drink: hot ginger ale!  It tastes like a warm apple cider and it's fizzy!  And delicious!  And it kept my hands warm!



I've been making homemade Christmas gifts for friends.... This is my peppermint bark!  



This morning we went to the elementary school in misawa and Santa surprised the special ed class with a visit!  They only get 1 visit a year, but these special classes got a 2nd visit!!  The principal brought us some hot green tea while we were waiting in his office!


The kids LOVE Santa-San!!



Afterwards, we were given a coffee service!  Such royal treatment!!




I like the sign on the principal's door!  It actually looked just like the principal!!



Santa-San is a cowboy!!!



I find this hilarious!  This rice cake is coated in chocolate!  That's the only way to eat DIEt food!!



Then I found this... Lost my appetite, anyway!  



And I love the paintings on the truck... That way driving across the city isn't so boring ;) oh, there are lots of pretty things to look at in the countryside!  The truck just adds to it ;)



I didn't know we were the United States base!!



This van is advertising vending machines.... And I can call and have new ones put in if there aren't enough!!!  But aren't there enough?  Maybe not EVERY building has one, just every other building!!!



The rec center is giving us free arcade games for the month of December as a Christmas gift.  Nic 'n I love air hockey!  



And basketball!  (Just me, not nic!!)



9 points, prize get...

The sky is so beautiful!!!



Misawa is beautiful!!

No comments: