Saturday, September 07, 2013

Stuff, kanji, planes, onion rings, fires, and mud...

So this week has been busy and fun and tiring and, yeah, busy!!
First our HHG shipment finally arrived!  Glad to have my stuff!!
And it was pouring!  Even the workers were hiding to get out of the rain!  See him under the cardboard?!?
Then I started my very first Japanese class!  I am in a survival Japanese course.  So every Wednesday I get to go practice phonics and basic Japanese phrases... I feel like I'm in kindergarten on the wrong end of life!
And I took someone to the airport.... At least now I know how to get there!  (It was super easy!  I guess I'm ready for visitors.... Wink wink, nudge nudge!)
And tink was trying to get my leftovers.... This pose is also known as the ring of shame... She can't have it yet...
Last night we had a bonfire on the lake!  PS the word bonfire sounds a whole lot like vampire when pronounced with a Japanese accent!  Both sound like bonpi-uh!  Guess I need to choose my words wisely!   
But nic and I left early last night, I had to get up early for this adventure race!  Oh, it was a tough obstacle wedged in a 7k race!  But my team came in either 4th or 5th... Out of 50-something teams!!!!  We had to climb under low poles (in the mud), flip a tractor tire across a field, kayak 100 yards and back, carry sandbags, carry logs, solve math problems, run through a pack of gladiators (without getting knocked over!), jump over many hurdles, and balance while running through a nature trail (on a steep hill, which I am finding as THE terrain of Japan!!)...
We were all muddied up!  And we 'rinsed off' in the muddy lake!  But, oh, it was fun!  (And my knees are killing me!!)
Note to self... If I want an owl purse like this, don't hold it in this position!!

Then we went to the PoWC kickoff tonight.  Nic now wears my shoes!!!  
Ahhhhh, life is lovely!  Misawa has been good to us!!










No comments: